Pages

Thursday 4 December 2014

Stress less

My current aim (and I'm sure that of many people) - stress less. Easier said than done. Somehow, I seem to be doing it. After spending last weekend with two friends and talking to them, I started to feel better. Work isn't everything. Spending meaningful time with friends and family is worth a lot more. Aside from transport, I didn't even spend much money - it's not like we did loads of expensive activities, we mostly just walked, talked, ate and enjoyed each other's company. Once I got back home I still had two work free days (hooray) and I really felt that my other half and I made the most of them - tidied/cleaned the house, food shopped, did some Christmas shopping, went to choir, went to the cinema twice, and sorted wedding rings. Oh, and did some sewing and finished my wreath! I really enjoyed myself, and being busy meant I didn't spend my time off moping about going back to work.

Even the return to work wasn't so bad. Actually, I take that back. It was awful. But somehow I don't especially care. I returned to the news that four people in my team have left/are leaving. It's not good news. However, it seems to have freed me a bit. As my other half described it, it's almost like it's okay to move on. Writing that seems stupid - of course it's okay to move on - but in a weird way, I have always felt loyal to the company I work for. Now that more people have left, it's like it would be okay for me to go too. I'm not actually planning to do so, but knowing that I just could, and that there are other jobs out there that I'd probably enjoy and be able to do, makes me feel better. So yes, I will continue to go to work, and I'll continue to work hard and do my best, but I will also be doing my best to not care so much that I stress about it. It's only a job, and I can leave if I want to - there are other jobs out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment