Pages

Friday 21 November 2014

Up and down

It's been an odd sort of week, and the type of week that I expect will happen often. In short, it's been up and down. I've definitely had less pain and nausea than usual. That said, I've been feeling sad at times. I would say that my stress levels have decreased a little, not because I've got less work or anything but because I'm trying hard to care a little less. However, a bit of sadness has crept in now and again, the reasons for which remain unknown.

Right now, I'm looking forward to my other half arriving home (hopefully only another half hour). I went to the pub for a bit to meet some friends from work, as I didn't really feel like being alone, but to be honest it wasn't the most fun ever. There weren't as many people there as there often are so there were fewer people to chat to.

This weekend is a free weekend - by which I mean I'm not going away and don't have definite plans. I do plan to do some Christmas shopping, however if I don't, it's not the biggest issue ever. I intend to have a lie in tomorrow, and get some other stuff done, but no big plans. A bit of a mooch around the house is in order, and muchly needed.

I don't really understand why I get sad. Sometimes I think I need a new job, and at other times I don't think it has anything to do with my job. I'm also torn between needing enough hobbies to keep me busy and distracted, and thinking that I shouldn't need to be distracted and should resolve whatever I currently find I need to be distracted from. In any case, I don't think there's any harm in spending time doing things I enjoy - and to be honest, that often resolves the sadness. It's just difficult to understand where it's coming from.

This weekend I'm hoping to get on with some sewing - I'm making an advent calendar which involves a lot of little bags, intending to make some Christmas bunting (oh yeah!), and promised my parents I'd sew a cushion cover for the cushion for the bench in their conservatory. I think at this rate I'll be lucky to have it done by Christmas! I don't want to put pressure on myself do them, as if I change my mind, I don't want to make myself feel bad. That said, a bit of a plan is a good thing, as if I'm stuck for what I want to do I already have something in mind. And you never know, maybe I'll even end up with something useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment